Home

Harry and Meghan UK Relocation Planned This Month

Harry and Meghan UK Relocation Planned This Month

Harry and Meghan plan a UK relocation this month, with their children due to start at a British school in September.

By Admin

August 20, 2026 . 5 min read

Share:

Harry and Meghan plan UK relocation from the US this month — Lifestyle

Harry and Meghan plan UK relocation from the US this month

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to leave the United States for a private, non-royal home outside London later this month. Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are due to begin at a British school in September.

Planned move to Britain

The relocation would bring Harry and Meghan back to the UK after they established their home in California following their departure from royal duties in 2020.

Private residence outside London

The couple intend to live at a private property outside London rather than in a royal residence. Their official position is not expected to alter, and they will continue as private individuals.

No return to royal duties

There are no plans for either Harry or Meghan to take up working royal responsibilities again. The Sussexes stepped away from those duties in early 2020 and moved to California in March of that year.

Children set for school

Their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, have been registered to start at a school in Britain in September, indicating that the family expects to be based in the UK for the beginning of the academic year.

Royal family informed

King Charles was notified about the intended move on Sunday, while the Prince and Princess of Wales have also been told of the plans.

King welcomes private contact

The King is understood not to have known about the move before last weekend. He welcomes the prospect of spending more time with the Sussex family in a personal and private setting.

July family meeting

Harry, Meghan and their children visited the King at Highgrove in July, although the move was not understood to have been raised then. The Palace called the Gloucestershire gathering a private family occasion. It marked the first in-person meeting between the King and his grandchildren in more than four years.

Security remains a central issue

Protection arrangements have been a longstanding source of disagreement for the duke, who has previously linked safety concerns to his reluctance to bring his family to Britain.

Decision-making process

A Home Office spokesperson said security decisions affecting royals are made by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures, known as Ravec. The government described its protective-security system as rigorous and proportionate.

Previous disputes over protection

The planned return follows several developments concerning the Sussexes’ security arrangements in the UK.

Downgraded arrangements

Harry sought to reverse the reduction in his security that followed his decision to stop working as a royal and relocate to the US with Meghan.

Legal challenge lost

Last year, the duke was unsuccessful in a legal case challenging the level of protection to which he and his family are entitled when visiting the UK.

July visit reconsidered

The July trip was reconsidered after Harry’s request for police protection was refused.

Links to Invictus and recent legal case

A return to Britain would place Harry in the country ahead of the Invictus Games in Birmingham next year, while following a recent High Court privacy ruling.

Invictus Games in Birmingham

During his July visit, Harry promoted the games for injured service men and women. David Wiseman, chief programmes and strategy officer at the Invictus Games Foundation, called the prospect of Harry being in the UK before the event “excellent news” and said the foundation would benefit greatly.

Privacy case

Harry’s July trip was overshadowed by his High Court defeat in a privacy claim against Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday. He and other prominent figures alleged unlawful information-gathering methods, which the company strongly denied. In January, Harry told the court: “They’ve made my wife’s life an absolute misery.”

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some common questions readers may have about the Sussexes’ planned return to the UK.

1. What is Harry and Meghan’s planned UK relocation?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to leave the United States later this month and move to a private home outside London with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

2. Why does the planned move matter?

It would bring Harry and Meghan back to Britain after their move to California in 2020 and could allow their children to begin school in the UK in September. King Charles and the Prince and Princess of Wales have been informed.

3. What are the main implications of the relocation?

The couple are expected to remain private individuals, with no return to working royal duties. The move could also enable more private family contact with the King, while security arrangements remain a significant issue.

4. How can readers follow developments about the move?

Readers can monitor official announcements and reporting on the relocation, the children’s expected September school start, and any decisions concerning the Sussexes’ security arrangements in the UK.

Based on reporting from the original report.

"adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo".

@areebTweets

"adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo".

@areebTweets

"adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo".

@areebTweets

Tags:

Ishq Murshid

Foloow us for daily entertainment updated and behind the scenes exclusive