How often is it that you see a Prime Minister of the country trying so hard to connect with its people. He is recommending us television shows that he believes we can benefit from as a nation. He is sharing books that we can read to gain perspective. Imran khan might not be the best politician out there and he might still be struggling to fulfil his promises but he sure is a great leader. He has a way of connecting with his people. Everytime he comes on National TV to address an issue of concern, you can tell that he truly speaks from his heart. You can disagree with his ideologies but can’t deny that Imran Khan is the man that really revived the democracy of this country, especially amongst the youth. He insisted that people use their right to vote wisely and make informed decisions. He insisted that nobody should be free from accountability.
Imran Khan Niazi, currently serving as the 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan was born on the 5th of October, 1952. Imran Khan started to play cricket from an early age and began to play professionally at the age of 18. He served as the captain when Pakistan won the Cricket World Cup in 1992. It was one the most significant and first of his many achievements for the country. Khan founded the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital, a medical institution named after the Prime minister’s late mother who he lost to Cancer. The hospital offers extensive treatments to cancer patients in Pakistan and also offers free or subsidised medical services to many deserving patients. Khan has always believed in giving back to the community. Khan also founded the Namal College in 2008.
Ever since Imran Khan’s political party, Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf has come into power, they have struggled to make the country excel in all domains. Some of Imran khan and political party’s significant contributions are;
- Imran Khan has led an anti corruption campaign to make all politicians accountable for their assets. He has always been an advocate of accountability and has encouraged the people of the country to know that the government is an institution meant to serve the public.
- Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf under the supervision of Imran khan attempts to work amicably with all important institutions of the state
- Imran Khan has reinforced an increase in renewable energy production to make Pakistan renewable by 2030
- Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf under the supervision of Imran Khan has addressed the growing concern of Climate change. They have Initiated a forestation campaign and an attempt to expand national parks of Pakistan.
- PTI supported Afghan Peace Process to revive peace and prosperity of the region.
- Imran khan has strengthened relations with China to give the economy the boost that it needs.
- Imran Khan is always concerned with the international image of the country therefore PTI aims to build a better image of Pakistan to promote local businesses and tourism.
- Imran Khan actively sought a solution to the Kashmir issue in the UN. He emphasized on the importance of solving the issue while also catering to the rights of Kashmiris. He repeatedly emphasizes that a solution to this long existing problem is absolutely crucial if the South Asian region aims to progress.
- The PM inaugurated the Ehsaas Amdan Program for families that were living in poverty. The program allowed families to receive a small asset or a sum of money that can help them
- Citizen Portal is another great initiative by the PM that allows the citizens of Pakistan to directly raise an issue or a concern with the PM himself via an online portal. It gives people the satisfaction of feeling like their voices are heard and acknowledged.
- KartarPur Corridor – A historic milestone for the country that welcomes the Sikh community from across the border to access a visa free and secure passage to visit Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur.
The nation is eternally grateful to Imran Khan for all his contributions, some of which were long before he even started his political career. The Entertainment Couch wishes the leader a very happy birthday and hopes that you will continue to fulfil your dreams of prosperity for the nation.